Monday, May 28, 2007

Michelle and Roozbeh 4.28.07














Michelle had booked me a while back over the phone so when her wedding approached, I was wondering if I'd meet her in person for the first time at the wedding. Since she and Roozbeh were living up north and were in medical school, they were SUPER busy. I did remember, however, that this wedding sounded right up my alley - the officiant was a Buddhist monk and it was a traditional Persian ceremony. At a traditional Persian ceremony, instead of standing, the bride and groom sit and face the audience, in front of a variety of symbolic eats, decor, and writings. It's so beautiful and the audience is very participatory, giving blessings and readings, etc....I loved that this ceremony mixed Persian tradition, buddhist philosophy and some pagen rituals (like hand-fasting).
Thie wedding took place at the Castle Green in Pasadena, a beautiful venue which had an infinite amount of amazing places to photograph. Heather, from Martini's and Bliss Events was the coordinator and it was so awesome to work with her again. She is a hoot! Anyway, this just turned out to be a fabulous wedding with all sorts of traditional Persian dances between the bride and groom, their guests and a traditional Persian dancer as well!! I want to thank Talla from Studio Inspire and Tammy from True Blue Photography who came and helped me - I have to honestly say - I don't think I've ever taken so many family shots in my life - half of LA are their relatives!!!

1 comment:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

These are beautiful Kim! I especially love the one of them dancing in the open room. Sounds like a fun wedding!